Public Notification is required for certain developments which have the potential to adversely affect adjoining landowners and members of the surrounding community. The purpose of public notification is to inform the community and relevant stakeholders of the proposal and to give them the opportunity to make submissions which Council must take into account before making a final decision on the application.
Notification of applications may begin only when:
- The Acknowledgement Notice is given to the applicant by Council and it states that no Information Request will be issued; OR
- The applicant responds to an Information Request issued by Council.
- Brisbane City Council - Public Notification
- Sustainable Planning Act (2009) - Legislation
- Ipswich City Council
- Moreton Bay Regional Council
- Gold Coast City Council
- Logan City Council
- Redland City Council